NEW DELHI: Invoking eminent personalities like JK Rowling and Thomas Edison, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his 17th edition of Mann ki Baat on Sunday gave a message of encouragement to the students who are set to appear for the upcoming board exams, saying that they need to hone ‘discipline’ as it was bound to help them focus in their studies and therefore have great results.
The Prime Minister also played a special message by Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and Chess maestro Vishwanathan Anand for the students preparing for the exams.
Here are the highlights from the Prime Minister’s address:
1. I am sure your mind is on the exams of your children that is starting or may have started: PM Modi.
2. If we change our perspective towards the concept of examinations, then it can help us in lessening the stress: PM Modi
3. Sachin Tendulkar calls on students to develop positive thinking before exams as it ensures positive results.
4. Set your targets and pursue them with a free mind, without pressure. Compete with yourself and not others: PM Modi
5. Exams are not merely about marks: PM Modi
6. Always have high expectations and if sometime you don’t achieve what you desire, you won’t feel so dejected: PM Modi
7. Discipline is a crucial aspect responsible for success in life: PM Modi
8. Never get into the habit of compromising yourself or the standards that you set for yourself: PM Modi
9. Vishwanathan Anand tells students about the importance of sleep says, ‘you need to be well rested, get a good night’s sleep, be on a full stomach and the most important thing is to stay calm.
10. Have always found that these exams go much better than you fear before. So stay confident and all the very best: Vishwanathan Anand
11. If your mind is at peace you will be able to find the treasure of knowledge and exams will become much easier for you: PM Modi
12. Have always found that these exams go much better than you fear before. So stay confident and all the very best: PM Modi
13. So many people wrote to me on the Mobile App on Yoga and meditation during this exam season: PM Modi
14. Read and re-read the question as it help you immensely in solving the problem: PM Modi
15. If your mind is at peace you will be able to find the treasure of knowledge and exams will become much easier for you: PM Modi
16. Usually, we start calculating how much we will score soon after an examination is over. please do not do this: PM Modi
17. Your mind is often entangled in the exam that is over, but don't do this. What has passed has passed. We should rather spend some good time with our family and friends and relax: PM Modi
18. Keep in mind that Dedication, determination and diligence are helpful: PM Modi
19. The exam is not only for the student, but for the teachers and the family as well: PM Modi
20. Parents must not put pressure on children. Let them be themselves and watch their confidence soar: PM Modi
21. Parents, teachers and seniors are an invaluable support system for students during exam time: PM Modi
22. Sometimes success comes a little late, but when you achieve it your perspective towards the world changes: PM Modi
23. JK Rowling a brilliant example of how anyone can achieve success any time. She had to face many difficulties & failures: PM Modi
24. This time the theme of National Science day is "Make in India, science and technology driven innovations": PM Modi
25. The 2016 Union Budget will be my exam: PM Modi.