Nagpur woman drinks pesticide thinking it is cough syrup, dies

A 74-year-old woman died in Nagpur after she mistook pesticide for cough syrup and drank it, a police official said on Sunday.

Published: 29th May 2022 11:29 PM  |   Last Updated: 29th May 2022 11:29 PM   |  A+A-

Death

For representational purposes

By PTI

NAGPUR: A 74-year-old woman died in Nagpur after she mistook pesticide for cough syrup and drank it, a police official said on Sunday.

Nagobai Vijay Koku, a resident of Old Babulkheda, had been ailing for the past few days, the Ajni police station official said.

"She drank pesticide mistaking it for cough syrup on May 21 and died on Sunday morning in a nearby hospital. We have registered an accidental death case," he said.


TAGS
Nagpur

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp