Max Corporate Services, the firm against which FIR has been lodged in Kumbh Mela 'fake' Covid testing case, approached the Uttarakhand High Court challenging the legality of the FIR.
The decision to rope in private firms to conduct Covid tests during the Kumbh Mela was taken before he took over as Chief Minister, Tirath Singh Rawat said.
The lab tested around one lakh people out of which 10,000 reports by the lab were Covid-19 positive while 90,000 were certified as Covid negative.
After an alleged forgery in over 1 lakh COVID-19 tests was reported during Mahakumbh, the positivity rate of the district has also raised suspicions.
The famous four Himalayan temples in Uttarakhand though open since May for daily prayers have been out of bounds for pilgrims.
A resident of Haridwar, who had not given his sample, received a text message stating that his RT-PCR test had been done.
Mela IG Sanjay Gunjyal also said the religious event formally began on April 1 by which time the second wave of Covid was already raging in states like Maharashtra and Haryana.
Mahakumbh, now Char Dham, why embarrass ourselves?, Uttarakhand HC slams govt's carelessness; CJ questions Centre's 'callous attitude'
The court also questioned the centre over diversion of Oxygen from Uttarakhand to other states without fulfilling the state's demand.
In a video message, the Member of Parliament from Gorakhpur said the pandemic has engulfed the entire world and blaming Kumbh or Hinduism for its spread was wrong.
The seers' comments came a day after the BJP accused the Congress of preparing a 'toolkit' to target the Modi government over the second wave of the pandemic.
While everyone in the hospital in Bengaluru, including patients and staffers, has recovered, the incident has prompted it to open a 40-bed section for COVID-19 patients
Held over three months in normal circumstances, the Kumbh Mela this time formally begun as late as April 1 due to concerns over COVID-19.
Government spokesman and minister Subodh Uniyal said complacency and arrival of tourists were to be blamed for the surge.
The 73-year-old former King and 70-year-old former Queen were diagnosed with the disease on April 20.
The party's remarks come after the apex court's order asking the Centre for a national plan on oxygen supply and vaccination amid the pandemic.