After a spate of high profile exits in 2013, information technology major Infosys suffered its biggest blow yet as former CFO and member of executive council V Balakrishnan announced his resignation from the company.
Balakrishnan, known in the ranks as “Bala”, announced his resignation as a member of the board and from the company with effect from December 31.
Though the actual cause of his sudden decision is not known, his resignation has elicited an emotional response from Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy as well. In a statement, Murthy said, “It is difficult to imagine Infosys without Bala’s passion, commitment and intellect.”
Bala, in a statement, said, “While my heart will always be with Infosys my mind wants to do something beyond Infosys.” Bala is currently (until his last day) the member of the Board in charge of Infosys BPO, Lodestone, Finacle, India Business Unit and Global Immigration.
High Profile Exits
* V Balakrishnan, former CFO, head, BPO business
* Subrahmanyam (Subu) Goparaju, Sr VP and Head of Infosys Labs
* Humberto Andrade, BPO head for Latin Americas
* Ashok Vemuri, Head of Americas business
* Sudhir Chaturvedi, VP and Financial services head for Americas
* Basab Pradhan, global sales head
* Stephen Pratt, co-founder, Infosys Consulting
* Kartik Jayaraman, Head of BPO sales, Australia