1. Which two cities are linked by the 1,280-km Karakoram Highway?
2. Where would one be if one were looking at the Moai Stones?
3. Till recently, the world’s tallest Buddhas in standing position were in the Bamiyan valley of Afghanistan. Where would one find the biggest Buddha in the sitting position?
4. Till recently which was the oldest surviving European colony in Asia?
5. A quarter of the world’s geysers are found in which National Park in Wyoming?
6. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a popular tourist attraction. What kind of building is it or for what purpose was it built?
7. With reference to New Zealand, where is the original Zeeland?
8. How are the South West Townships in South Africa better known?
9. According to Mark Twain, God modelled heaven on which earthly island?
10. Besides Bermuda, which are the two points comprising the Bermuda Triangle?
11. What is the present name of Batavia?
12. The Kasag is the exiled government of which land?
13. What do the Argentinians call the Falkland Islands?
14. To which country do the Galapagos Islands belong?
15. What line of latitude divides the two Koreas?
16. The Ainu are the original inhabitants of which country?
17. In which city would you climb the Spanish Steps?
18. Which exotic city was featured in National Geographic’s first photo story in 1905?
19. Cariocas are the inhabitants of which city?
20. If you flew due east from Cape Horn, where would you cross over land next?
21. What location in Afghanistan means black widow?
22. Which famous transport’s name begins with the words: Venice-Simplon?
23. What is common to the following cities – San Francisco, Johannesburg and Melbourne?
24. The shape of which river was used by the historian Herodotus to create a letter of the Greek alphabet?
25. Which city was flourishing a couple of thousand years before Rome was founded in 753 BC, making it the oldest inhabited city in existence?
1. Kashgar in Xinjiang, Central Asia, and Islamabad in Pakistan through the Karakoram Pass along the old Silk Route.
2. On Easter Island.
3. On Lantau Island in Hong Kong.
4. Macau, the Las Vegas of the East.
6. It is a freestanding campanile or bell tower of the adjacent cathedral of Pisa. Galileo used the tower to make his experiments in gravitation.
7. In Denmark.
9. Soweto (from SOuth WEst TOwnships).
10. Fort Lauderdale (Florida) and Puerto Rico.
15. 39th Parallel
19. Rio de Janerio
20. Cape Horn
21. Tora Bora
22. Orient Express
23. All three cities came up following a gold rush.
24. The letter delta, was shaped after the delta of the river Nile
25. Damascus, Syria.