Shops Gutted, Goods Lost in Market Fire

Published: 17th October 2014 06:16 AM  |   Last Updated: 17th October 2014 06:16 AM   |  A+A-

BANGALORE : Four shops in the basement of KR Market were gutted in an accidental fire late on Wednesday. Goods worth lakhs were destroyed, but there were no casualties.

According to Fire and Emergency Services officials, the incident occurred around 2.30 am and some of the shop owners, who were sleeping on the premises, noticed  thick smoke emanating from one of the shops. They immediately alerted the fire personnel. Eight fire tenders fought the fire for four-and-a-half hours.

Officials suspect the fire to be the result of a short circuit. 

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp