BANGALORE : Four shops in the basement of KR Market were gutted in an accidental fire late on Wednesday. Goods worth lakhs were destroyed, but there were no casualties.
According to Fire and Emergency Services officials, the incident occurred around 2.30 am and some of the shop owners, who were sleeping on the premises, noticed thick smoke emanating from one of the shops. They immediately alerted the fire personnel. Eight fire tenders fought the fire for four-and-a-half hours.
Officials suspect the fire to be the result of a short circuit.