BANGALORE: Six persons, including three family members, sustained burn injuries when an LPG cylinder exploded at a three-storey house in Varthur on Friday.
The injured were identified as Mohammed (56), his son Sameer (28), daughter-in-law Uzma(24), neighbour Ambarish Reddy (45), Sharada (38), daughter Kruthi (18), and another neighbour Shantkumar (38).
The police said Mohammed, who hails from Belgaum, had come to the city a week ago to visit his son and daughter in-law. He was staying on the ground floor. At around 7.15 am, he went to the kitchen to make tea. After switching on the valve, he lit the stove with a lighter. However, as the gas had leaked at night, it resulted in a huge explosion.
Three of his family members and the neighbouring family who were asleep sustained injuries. Locals who noticed the incident rushed them to a hospital, where they are now recovering.