This preparation is rich in antioxidants—B group of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- 3 cups - cooked brown rice
- 10 - French beans, sliced diagonally (1 inch)
- ½ - carrot diced into small pieces
- ½ - cabbage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 - onion chopped fine
- 3 tbsp - roasted seeds (could be a combination of sunflower and pumpkin)
- 3 tbsp - parsley which is minced
- 2 tbsp - apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup - lime juice
- 2 tbsp - soy sauce of good quality
- 2 tsp - sesame oil (preferable toasted)
- ¼ cup - water
- ½ tsp - mustard
- ½ tsp - basil, thyme or marjoram
- 2 tsp - fresh parsley
- Boil all the vegetables except cabbage one by one for 2-3 minutes each. Leave them crisp.
- Blanch the cabbage in boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Just whisk all the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette in a small blender
- Toss the veggies together with the brown rice and seeds in the lemon vinaigrette dressing and serve.
(Recipe courtesy Shonali Sabherwal, Macrobiotic Nutritionist, Chef and Instructor and author of the books The Love Diet and The Beauty Diet.)