Mystery Shrouds Death of 30-year-old Techie

According to police, Chetana’s maid Usha saw the victim lying unconscious in the bathroom and informed neighbours

Published: 04th September 2015 05:51 AM  |   Last Updated: 04th September 2015 05:54 AM   |  A+A-

BENGALURU:A 30-year-old software engineer died after she was found unconscious in her flat in an apartment complex in Devarabeesanahalli on Outer Ring Road in Southeast Bengaluru on Thursday.

Techie.jpgThe deceased has been identified as Chetana Ramachandran, a native of Chandigarh. Chetana was working as a senior staff with First Flight courier service in Vimanapura. She was a resident of Sobha Iris apartment. She was married to Ramachandran, a software engineer in a private firm in Pune, for four years and the duo have a two-and-a-half-year-old daughter. She has been living separately from her husband for the past six months and had filed for divorce.

According to police, Chetana’s maid Usha saw the victim lying unconscious in the bathroom and informed neighbours.  She told the police, “I came to work and the main door was open and I walked in around 9 am. She had vomited and her son was sleeping in the room.”

Neighbours called a doctor from a nearby hospital and later shifted her to a nearby private hospital. “She breathed her last a little while later and we suspect that she might have consumed poison. However, we are awaiting the postmortem reports to ascertain the cause of her death,” police said.

Chetana was an alumna of IIT Madras. A senior police official said, “We have informed Chetana’s parents and her husband, who are on their way. We are also analysing her call record details to ascertain the possible motive behind her death.”

Police have registered the case.

Techie Kills Self

A software engineer committed suicide by hanging in Electronics City Stage II on Thursday.

The deceased, identified as Aruna (20), is a native of Tamil Nadu and was staying in a paying guest accommodation at Narayana Reddy Layout. She was employed as junior software engineer with Wipro.

On Thursday morning, she came to the room after night shift. The incident came to light when her friends came back from work.

Police said that Aruna left behind a death note in which she said that she is taking the step due to depression.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp