Flying Kite Proves Costly

Published: 11th September 2015 05:11 AM  |   Last Updated: 11th September 2015 05:11 AM   |  A+A-

BENGALURU: Flying a kite turned tragic for 15-year-old Abhishek Srinivas on Thursday when he came in contact with a live wire atop his house on 1st Cross, Manorayanapalya in RT Nagar.

After returning from school at 3.30 pm, the teenager went to the rooftop of his house with his friends to fly kites. The kite’s thread got entangled in a high-tension wire, and Abhishek received an electric shock when he tried to remove the entangled kite and touched the high-tension wire. He is suffering from burns.

His father Srinivas, who runs a provision store, rushed him to VCare Hospital on Dinnur Road in R T Nagar after which the boy was shifted to Victoria Hospital’s burn ward.

“I had warned my son not to go near electric wires or transformers but he seems to have ignored all that and today he is suffering. Although the doctors have told us not to worry, we can’t see him in pain,” Srinivas said.

Plastic surgeon Dr H Deepak said the patient was brought to the hospital with 27 per cent burn injuries and is being kept under observation. He has been administered antibiotics and injections.

“The burn may be less or more, but in electric burns cases, we cannot say anything for the next 48 hours. The patient has suffered burns on his face, upper chest and both the hands,” he said. 

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp