BENGALURU: Flying a kite turned tragic for 15-year-old Abhishek Srinivas on Thursday when he came in contact with a live wire atop his house on 1st Cross, Manorayanapalya in RT Nagar.
After returning from school at 3.30 pm, the teenager went to the rooftop of his house with his friends to fly kites. The kite’s thread got entangled in a high-tension wire, and Abhishek received an electric shock when he tried to remove the entangled kite and touched the high-tension wire. He is suffering from burns.
His father Srinivas, who runs a provision store, rushed him to VCare Hospital on Dinnur Road in R T Nagar after which the boy was shifted to Victoria Hospital’s burn ward.
“I had warned my son not to go near electric wires or transformers but he seems to have ignored all that and today he is suffering. Although the doctors have told us not to worry, we can’t see him in pain,” Srinivas said.
Plastic surgeon Dr H Deepak said the patient was brought to the hospital with 27 per cent burn injuries and is being kept under observation. He has been administered antibiotics and injections.
“The burn may be less or more, but in electric burns cases, we cannot say anything for the next 48 hours. The patient has suffered burns on his face, upper chest and both the hands,” he said.