BENGALURU: A 9-year-old boy succumbed to injuries five days after he came in contact with a live high-tension wire owned by the Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL). A case of negligence has been filed against the KPTCL staff.
The deceased has been identified as Trishal, son of Bettaiah, a garment factory employee. He was a resident of Nagamuneshwara Layout in Parappana Agrahara and was studying in the fourth standard in a government school.
A senior police officer said that the incident took place on December 3 when Trishal was returning home after a haircut at a nearby saloon. On the way, he lifted a wet wooden stick and it came in contact with a high tension wire. Trishal was admitted to Victoria Hospital with severe burn injuries where he succumbed on Thursday evening.
Speaking to The New Indian Express the boy’s father said, "I had left Trishal at his grandmother's house to study. It was raining when the incident occurred. He was about to celebrate his birthday on Thursday.
In his complaint, Bettaiah has alleged that the wire was not safeguarded and the officers did not bother to fix it. "We have filed a case of negligence against KPTCL officers and further investigations are on", a senior police officer said.
Chief Engineer of KPTCL Chandrashekar G R said that he was not aware of the incident as neither the police nor the family had approached KPTCL. "I will verify the facts of the case and take action," told The New Indian Express.