Bus gutted as garbage heap catches fire

A private bus was gutted on Wednesday after the garbage heap on which it was parked caught fire.

Published: 27th December 2018 05:49 AM  |   Last Updated: 27th December 2018 09:27 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

BENGALURU: A private bus was gutted on Wednesday after the garbage heap on which it was parked caught fire. The incident took place on Wednesday around 9.20 am, and residents near Hoskere Halli Main Road spotted the bus in flames. Fire brigade officials were informed and they rushed to the spot to douse the fire. The bus, belonging to one Lakshmi Vimala, a resident of D’Souza Nagar, was damaged completely in the incident. Fire brigade officials said that the bus tyres initially caught fire which spread to the whole bus. They suspect that a garbage heap nearby caught fire after a lit cigarette was thrown on it.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp