HT line kills two, injures one

 Two men died and one injured when they were electrocuted by a high-tension wire at Munnekolala on Thursday.

Published: 09th March 2018 01:48 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th March 2018 03:36 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

BENGALURU: Two men died and one injured when they were electrocuted by a high-tension wire at Munnekolala on Thursday. Veerappa (75) and Samanth (55) died on the spot, while Babban (35) suffered injuries. Veerappa was the owner of an one-storey building. As water supply in his bathroom had stopped, he enlisted Samanth, a mason, and his helper Babban to repair it. The two workers inserted a 15-ft-long iron rod into a pipe to clear it, which came in contact with the wire.  

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp