NEW DELHI: A four-year-old boy died of suffocation and three others were injured today after a fire broke out in a house in southwest Delhi's R K Puram, police said.
A call was received at 1 am about the fire and three fire-tenders were rushed to the spot, an officer from the Delhi Fire Service said.
The fire was doused at 2.05 am, he added. The fire started due to short-circuit in a junction box of the house, police said.
Four persons, including the boy, were found in an unconscious condition and were rushed to a hospital, they said.
The boy, Abhinav, died due to suffocation, police said.
The injured, identified as Pankaj (37), Swati (34) and Darshana (74), are undergoing treatment and are out of danger, they said.