2 Hurt as Acid Bottle Explodes in College Lab
By Express News Service | Published: 17th December 2013 08:46 AM |
Tinkering with chemicals just for ‘fun’ proved costly for two students after a bottle filled with acid exploded leaving them with burns in the chemistry lab of their college on Monday.
Police said that the two intermediate students entered the laboratory just to play around and the mishap occurred in the process. The mishap occurred in at Sri Gayatri Junior College at Bachupally. Both the students were hospitalised. The duo- Sri Teja Reddy and K Sunil Kumar - MPC first year students, wanted to indulge in some ‘fun’. At 2.30 p.m, they went to the lab and put some naphthalene balls into a chemical bottle. After a few minutes, the duo shook the bottle before opening it. Suddenly, the bottle exploded and the glass pieces pierced into the two students,” Petbasheerabad ACP Srinivasa Rao said.
There were no students and staff in the lab when the incident happened. On hearing the loud noise, the staff rushed to the lab and found the students lying on the ground with injures. They were shifted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be stable.