The toll in the high intensity explosion that ripped through a house at Rajiv Gruha Kalpa residential complex in Vikarabad town on Friday rose to four, after Sai Charan (6) died while undergoing treatment at Gandhi General Hospital in the city Saturday. Meanwhile, the city police Saturday concluded that the mishap took place owing to domestic gas leakage. As many as 14 persons were hospitalised in the accident. The Superintendent of Police (SP), Rangareddy, B Raja Kumari told Express that the forensic science lab staff visited the blast place on Saturday and collected the samples.
According to preliminary probe, it was revealed that the mishap took place due to gas leakage. The forensic lab staff also found the wall tube of a gas cylinder and a stove disconnected. “The blasts took place at one Chandrappa’s residence, had destroyed three houses. A negligence case was registered against Chandrappa,” the SP said.