With temperatures already touching 40 degrees Celsius, you probably find yourself reaching for that cold bottle of water in the fridge more often. And while nothing quite does the trick like water, it might not be enough on some days. Instead, we give you two quick recipes to shake up, stir and sip on, crafted by the the chefs at Park Hyatt and featured on their recently concluded Mexican food fest menu. Presenting the Queen of Mexico and Sunrise.
3 thinly cut slices of orange
8-10 ml Grenadine syrup
150 ml Orange juice
120 ml Sprite
5 ml sweet & sour mix
* Put the orange slices on two sides of an old fashion glass.
* Fill the glass with crushed ice in between them.
* Pour Grenadine syrup such that it settles at the bottom of the glass beneath the ice.
* Mix all other ingredients in a shaker and pour into the glass
* Top it up with sprite
* You may garnish the drink with a caramelised slice of orange in white sugar
Queen of Mexico
For those of you looking for a stronger drink to quench your thirst, this one’s up your alley.
30 ml Corralejo Blanco
30 ml Bacardi Black
60 ml Pineapple juice
30 ml Orange juice
10 ml Lime juice
* Fill the shaker with ice and the ingredients and shake well
* Strain the mixture and pour into a martini glass
* you may garnish with a lime slice on the rim of the glass and grated nutmeg