HYDERABAD: A massive fire broke out at a godown near Mozzamjahi Market in the early hours of Wednesday. While no casualties were reported, the thick smoke that emanated from the structure brought traffic at the location to a standstill.
At around 11:00 am, a fire broke out at Hameedi Sweets. Fire Services officials said the fire spread to a godown where furniture items were stored in large quantities.
“It took us more than three hours to douse the fire. The owners of the property have claimed a loss of `30 lakh,” said A Rajkumar, Station Fire Officer (SFO), Gowliguda.
The dark fumes emanating from the godown caused a massive panic among shop keepers in and around the area. Traffic moving from and towards Nampally was halted for a brief while as much of the smoke had spread to the road, affecting visibility. bath otherwise they do not. For some, library is the only place where they get water to drink,” he said.