Killzone Shadow Fall on Your PS4, 7 things to Know
Game: Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Developer: Guerilla Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Released on: November 15, 2013
Killzone provides for a futuristic setting after Killzone 3, i.e. nearly 30 years ahead. The Helghast and the ISA are almost neighbours, with a wall dividing their Zones. The fights in Shadow Fall are covert in nature, more to do with secret missions. The protagonist, Lucas Kellan has to keep a low profile, while carrying out these covert operations. So it’s a man show against the Helgan world.
- There is a lot of flexibility in terms of open space. There are multiple options available for approachability, or adopting any kind of attacking technique. It appears as though a confrontation with more than a couple of enemies is very much an underlying element in Killzone Shadow Fall. The Game compels you to make careful choices in terms of planning an attacking strategy. There is a remote controlled drone called OWL by your side that, that alerts you if there is any form of danger in the vicinity.
- DualShock 4’s touch pad with the pulse echo enables the player to see through walls and locate enemies. If one were to hold down the direction, it increases the pulse at the same time holding it too long, acts as as a spoiler and reveals your location. A slight tap on the D-pad gives you a quick reminder of the tasks to be accomplished.
- The single player concept is well done. This one is full of unexpected twists and happenings that change the course of the game and sure gives you a high at the end of it all. From narrow filth strewn roads, conjested ghettos to tall buildings and skyscrapers; the player is expected to get accustomed to every environ depending on the enemy. It is these action packed sequences that add up to the whole experience.
- Guerilla Games has also made the multiplayer experience count. The Dualshock’s sticks and triggers also contribute to a great extent. Everything around you seems to happen with absolute timing and precision.
- Choice of match rule sets, weapon requirements, player type etc is all upto the player.
- There are ten geographic locations where fight matches can break out. A shopping centre, a run-down building, rooftops, anywhere and everywhere.
- Killzone does not seem to follow the franchise sequel pattern, as it fortunately does not offer the same graphics, assets or game engines throughout.
Watch Killzone Shadow Fall Trailer on YouTube Here
If Killzone, is not yet on your PS4 launch games list, then it’s high time, you included it.