With a display of 8.3 inches, this tablet manufactured by LG, is the first tablet that comes with a Google Play Edition. The LG G Pad 8.3 runs with the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2. Experts are of the opinion that this device could be positioned as an Android alternative to iPad Mini with Retina Display by Apple.
- The LG G Pad 8.3 boasts of a 1,920x1,200 pixel resolution and the picture quality in Full HD Display lives up to one’s expectations. The higher pixel density results in a sharper display.
- It is also likely that, it would be among the first tablets to get future OS updates.
- Speed is one aspect that sets it apart. The 2.3 GHz Snapdragon, combined with Android KitKat 4.4.2 and 2 GB of RAM, makes it a great deal faster than most other tablets. Big apps open quickly.
- The screen size seems to be perfect for gaming and reading. Watching a video turns out to be a rewarding experience.
- The feel is sturdy and at the same time light.
- Long battery life is also a plus point.
- The audio quality, from the speakers isn’t that remarkable.
- Portability is a bit of a compromise
- There is no other striking feature that catches one’s eye apart from the screen.
- If you are considering investing, the pricing might play a spoilsport. ($350 = Rs 21715.75)
LG G Pad 8.3 – Other Specs
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (Multitouch)
- Vibration, Polyphonic, MP3 ringtones
- Stereo speakers
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, image stabilization, panorama, HDR
- MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GPS with GLONASS