29 Children Taken Ill After Consuming Jatropha Fruit in UP

Published: 11th December 2014 12:23 PM  |   Last Updated: 11th December 2014 12:23 PM   |  A+A-


Azamgarh: At least 29 children were admitted to a hospital here after they consumed poisonous Jatropha fruits.        

The incident took place yesterday in Ishwarpur Pawni village in Atraulia area when the children, aged between 5 to 16, ate Jatropha fruits. Soon they started vomiting and complained of uneasiness, District Chief Medical Officer V B Singh said.    

They were rushed to a hospital, where condition of one child is stated to be critical.   

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp