PATNA: One child died and 11 others fell ill after eating contaminated food during a community dinner in Bihar, officials said Sunday.
The incident was reported from Gerua village in Muzaffarpur district, about 70 km from here.
"Two to three hours after eating at community dinner, 12 children fell ill as they complained of stomach pain followed by loose motion and vomiting," a district official said.
"One child died early Sunday and condition of three children is serious," the official said.
All the children were admitted to Shri Krishna Medical College and Hospital in Muzaffarpur.
"Preliminary inquiry suggested that the food became contaminated," he said.