DANTEWADA (CHATTISGARH): At least nine Maoists including DKSZ member Ganesh Ueke’s gunner and two from the South Bastar Battalion on Sunday surrendered before the police.
Out of these nine Maoists, six carried a bounty of total Rs. 26 lakh on their head.
The name of the surrendered Maoists and their involvement in the cases:
1. Gunner Nanda (Baarse) was involved in the 2013 Maoist attack in Sukma in which 16 police personnel lost their lives and then in Kapasad attack where 14 police got martyred.
2. Hinga, age 24, was involved in an attack on the CISF patrolling party, where one driver, along with seven soldiers, lost their lives. He also attacked at anti-land mines vehicles in Cholnaar, in which five soldiers lost their lives. Few more cases are registered on his name.
3. Sukka Madkam, age 19, used to keep 303 rifles with him. He was also involved in the killing of 12 CRPF soldiers in Sukma and 25 in Burkapal.
4. Budhram Sodhi, age 21, was involved in the same case of Maoists Sukka Madkam.
5. Baman Kunjam, age 21, was working with a Maoist organisation, since 2016 and used to keep 12 rifles with him.
6. Bhima, age 20, was also involved in killing of 12 CRPF soldiers in Sukma and 25 in Burkapal.
7. Kosi Mandavi, age 20, was with a Maoist organisation from 2008 - 2017.
8. Sudru, age 21, was involved with Maoists organisation for three years.
9. Sehdev, age 26, was involved with Maoists for four years.
The Maoists surrendered under a mission against the Maoists by the Bastar Range Police and the officers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
The Police Superintendent will give an amount of Rs. 10,000 to each surrendered Maoist to appreciate their move.