NEW DELHI: Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has condemned the missile attack, reportedly targeting the Riyadh airport on Wednesday.
"We strongly condemn the missile attack reportedly targeting the Riyadh airport." the MEA said in a statement.
"We are deeply concerned at any escalation of violence that threatens the safety and security of innocent people. We also reiterate our commitment to fight against all forms of terrorism and violence," it added.
Last Saturday, Saudi Arabia intercepted a ballistic missile fired from Yemen near the capital, Riyadh.
Saudi Arabia's Civil Aviation Authority confirmed on Twitter that the missile had been brought down near the International King Khalid Airport in Riyadh.
The authority said in two tweets that the Saudi Air Defence managed to intercept a ballistic missile towards Riyadh and that the rocket landed on the airport campus and did not cause any significant damage.
The Riyadh airport tweeted soon after that it hadn't been affected.
"Travelers across King Khalid international airport in Riyadh, we assure you that the movement is going on as normal and usual, and trips going according to time," the airport tweeted.
Yemen's Houthi rebels had claimed responsibility for firing the ballistic missile.
Al Masirah, a TV network run by the Houthi rebels, claimed responsibility for the attack on their social media account.
According to the reports, the attack was conducted using a Yemeni-made, long-range ballistic missile called the "Burqan 2H."