RAIPUR: Out of power since 2003, the Chhattisgarh Congress has begun brainstorming 3-day marathon session on formulating strategies to get one-up-manship over the ruling BJP ahead of the Assembly elections. The focus of the party is not just to increase their seats tally this time but also to adopt practices to shore-up the party's efforts to defeat the BJP in different constituencies.
"Congress wants an electoral strategy to strengthen its winning prospects that existed even during the previous two Assembly polls; the margin of vote percent between the two parties were very small. From booth level onwards in every seat to social media engineering will be part of our strategy from July to October,” a senior Congress leader told TNIE.
The experts and few team leaders of Congress party from Delhi are in Raipur to interact and participate in different sessions attended by senior leaders and cadres from across the state at Congress bhawan in the capital. Various frontal organisations, cells, departments and committees of the grand old party are being formally enlightened on the strategy to be followed and accomplish the responsibilities assigned to them.
Party leaders hinted that they are cautious not to repeat mistakes of the past including the one in Karnataka elections. The Congressmen were apprised during the seasons through various presentations on where the Congress missed opportunities to return to power in Karnataka and how strategies help reap heavy dividends in vote-share posing tough challenge to BJP.
All Congressmen were asked to follow aggressive tactics during the coming months. On final of July 28, the training programme of the district level party's spokesperson would be held at the Congress Bhawan.
Chhattisgarh state has so far seen polar-contest between the BJP and Congress for the 90-member house.
In search of votes
1. To run campaign in every assembly constituency for youths, farmers, women, urban voters, and on issues like education and health as the party did ahead of Gujarat
2. The BJP vulnerabilities and issues raised by Congress party will be incorporated daily by the party leaders in their speech
3. To caution people about the BJP's alleged playing with sentiments on religion and demonetisation ahead of polls
4. If the Congress leaders find any statement or comments by BJP as fake or wrong, it will be promptly countered by the party's quick response team
5. To remind the people on BJP "failed" to keep the promises as declared in their manifestos
6. To invent 'slogan' like 'vikas pagal ho gaya hai' which became hit during Gujarat elections
7. To communicate with the masses not like Congressmen but as "voices" of the people of the state