Father, son electrocuted to death in Uttar Pradesh

The two died on the spot, while five others received minor burns. C

Published: 19th June 2019 06:32 PM  |   Last Updated: 19th June 2019 06:32 PM   |  A+A-

death, murder,suicide, die, dead

For representational purposes (Express Illustration)


BANDA: Two members of a family were electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a high-voltage wire that fell on their house in Uttar Pradesh's Banda district, police said Wednesday.

Pappu Khan (47) and his son, Safiq (17), were sleeping outside their house in Badegaon village when the overhead wire fell on their house late on Tuesday night, Naraini Circle Officer Kuldeep Gupta said.

The two died on the spot, while five others received minor burns. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, the officer added.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp