Berhampur (Odisha), Dec 7 (PTI) Three members of a family died of suspected food poisoning in Ganjam district, police said today.
The son and daughter of Banambar Pradhan died yesterday while his wife died at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar today, they said.
Pradhan, a resident of Rambha village, claimed his family members fell unwell after they had dinner on Tuesday night.
The sub divisional police officer (SDPO), Chhatrapur, Ramesh Chandra Sethi and other police officials visited the house of Pradhan and started inquiry into the mysterious deaths of the family members.
"We have collected some sample of the curry which they had taken in the dinner and sent it for test in the forensic laboratory at Bhubaneswar," said the SDPO.
"We will send sample for viscera test to the state Forensic Science Laboratory, Bhubaneswar to ascertain the type of the poison that claimed three lives of a family," said Sudeepa Das, head of department (in-charge) of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology department, MKCG Medical College here.
PTI COR AAM RG .
This is unedited, unformatted feed from the Press Trust of India wire.