VIJAYAWADA: Four persons were injured and about 25 shops were destroyed in a fire caused by the explosion of a gas cylinder at a business complex in One Town area of the city Wednesday.
The explosion occurred in a jewellery workshop at Annapurna Complex which houses about 40 ses jewellery workshops, godowns and among other shops. The explosion occurred when the regulator was being fitted to a gas cylinder in a jewellery workshop run by one Tapan Das. When Tapan Das found that gas was leaking, he took the cylinder outside. Soon, the cylinder exploded, injuring Tapan Das and the passersby. The injured persons were immediately shifted to a nearby private hospital.
Vijayawada West ACP West S Raghava Rao and the One Town police rushed to the spot and enquired about the incident.