VISAKHAPATNAM: Tension prevailed near Jaggarao Bridge in Akkayyapalem when a gas cylinder exploded in a fast food centre here Tuesday. Two people were injured in the incident.
According to the IV Town police, Khaja, owner of the fast food centre, was using two domestic cylinders and a commercial cylinder to prepare food. Tuesday morning, he was supplying gas to four gas stoves using one regulator when the gas leaked and the cylinder exploded. As the shutter was not opened fully, the fire did not spread outside.
However, two people standing near the food joint sustained injuries. The locals immediately alerted the firemen and police. The fire tenders rushed to the spot and put off the flames. The injured were taken to nearby hospital where their condition is said to be stable. The police registered a case and are investigating.