Academic session at Amaravati campus to commence in August 

Admissions for the Amaravati campus of SRM University for the year 2017-18 are now open and the candidates can apply for its various engineering courses. They are required to apply at its official web

Published: 13th April 2017 02:03 AM  |   Last Updated: 13th April 2017 05:30 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

VIJAYAWADA: Admissions for the Amaravati campus of SRM University for the year 2017-18 are now open and the candidates can apply for its various engineering courses. They are required to apply at its official website - www.srmap.edu.in. 


May 15 is the last date for the submission of applications and the personal interviews will commence from June 1 and the entire process will conclude by June 10. The academic session will start in the first week of August. 


Only students who secured a rank within 1,25,000 in JEE Mains 2017 or within 35,000 in SRMJEEE 2017 or a minimum of 1,200 in SAT are eligible to apply. In addition, they should have secured a minimum of 60 per cent in class 12 board examinations in physics, chemistry and mathematics. 


The scores in JEE Mains/SRMJEEE/SAT will have a weightage of 70 per cent and the remaining 30 per cent is for the interview and student portfolio presenting student’s achievements. 


According to a press release from SRM University, the selection criteria has been designed in a manner to ensure that students with an all-round development are selected.


Direct admissions will be given to meritorious students - national level Olympiad participants, NTSE/KVPY scholars, students in the top 5,000 ranks in JEE Mains, national and State board toppers. 


Amaravati campus of the varsity will initially launch programmes in computer science, electrical and electronics, electronics and communication, and mechanical engineering. 

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL2018