Contaminated water claims 14-year-old boy’s life in Guntur Government Hospital
By Express News Service | Published: 17th April 2018 04:51 AM |
GUNTUR: A 14-year-old student, B Simhadri, who had been undergoing treatment at the Guntur Government Hospital (GGH) since April 13 after falling ill due to food poisoning, died on Monday.
The student, from Pullalacheruvu of Prakasam district, was earlier moved to GGH from the primary health centre at Nandella for better treatment. As many as 25 students of Classes VII and VIII were admitted to the hospital after eating dinner prepared with water from the well at the village on April 12. As a result, they suffered from headache, diarrhoea, vomiting and fever.
The villagers immediately shifted the children to the primary health centre on Friday. Soon after the incident was reported, Guntur Collector K Sasidhar had suspended warden of the hostel B Venkateswarlu Naik.