Six from state in COMED-K top 10

BANGALORE: Six students from the state have figured in the top 10 rank list of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMED-K) Post-Graduate Entrance Test (PG

Published: 01st March 2012 02:06 AM  |   Last Updated: 16th May 2012 06:26 PM   |  A+A-

BANGALORE: Six students from the state have figured in the top 10 rank list of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMED-K) Post-Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) held for admissions into PG courses in private medical and dental colleges across the State.

Domicile students from Karnataka have come out with flying colours in the medical entrance test, with four students securing ranks in the top ten list, while only two featured in the top ten for dental.The total rank announced in the medical stream is 9,702 of which 28 per cent (2,758 candidates) are from Karnataka and the remaining 72 per cent (6,944 candidates) from outside the State.

For dental, as many as 4,112 candidates have become eligible for participating in the seat selection/counselling process. Of them 16 per cent (661 candidates) are from within the state and the remaining 84 per cent (3,451 candidates) are from outside the state.

Padma Menon from Ernakulam, Kerala, who secured the first rank for the Medical PGET with 158 out of 160, exclaimed that she did not expect first rank. “It was great, and I never expected this result. I want to specialize in Radio Diagnosis. My options are open,” she said.

Pushpa KR from Bangalore, who secured third rank in the Medical PGET with 156 marks, said, “The exam was easy and good. I am looking forward to a seat in a government college, with Radiology, Psychiatry or General Medicine as my favourites. I will wait for the All India results and then decide.”

“The exam was quite tough. Still, all went well. I am looking at Oxford Dental College or RV Dental College. I want to specialise in Endodontics,” said Bangalore-based Noor Saira Wajid Najma Hajra, who secured the second rank in the Dental exam with 156 marks.

“The counselling will start from April. The dates will be announced soon after the RGUHS results. I think those who have scored between 145 and 160 in Medical and 140 and 158 in Dental streams stand a chance to get seats,” said A S Srikanth, chief executive, COMED-K. 

Stay up to date on all the latest Karnataka news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp