THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Vigilance Director Loknath Behera on Wednesday convened a meeting with higher officials and legal experts to discuss on the disposal of pending cases before the Vigilance.
The meeting also discussed the guidelines for the timely completion of the investigation into the complaints which are long pending at various units in the state.
Legal experts pointed out the legal measures for the speedy disposal of cases. Behera instructed the officers to ensure the chargesheet and the FIR of the case are submitted on time.
Behera also instructed the officers to make use of technical expertise in completing the investigation process. Hence the meeting has been decided to recommend the government utilise the experts in other departments by inducting them through deputation.
ADGP Anil Kant, Sheikh Darvesh Saheb, legal advisor and additional legal advisor have participated in the meeting.
Other major decisions
* It was decided to request to empanel competent trial court advocates who can be used as special prosecutors to dispose of a large number of undertrial cases pending in courts.
* It was also decided that investigation of most of the pending cases will be conducted by a team of officials rather a single official so as to expedite finalisation of under investigation cases.
* Efforts will be made to have a document examination division exclusively for VACB for Vigilance cases, which will give an expert opinion on handwriting, documents etc.
* Monthly crime meeting has to be streamlined
* Officers were directed to collect quality source information to register quality cases especially relating to corruption.
* Officers to conduct number of surprise checks, register more DA cases after due checks and verification