A major fire broke out at an electrical sub-station on the premises of Essar Steel plant here on Thursday. Though the exact cause of the fire at the MRS sub-station was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected to have erupted due to short circuit.
A security guard of the company was injured in the mishap.
Eight fire tenders fought for nearly three hours to control the fire which damaged a 220 KV sub-station. Though the cost of damage is not known yet, unofficial sources put the figure at ` 1 crore. In a release, the company management stated that measures are being taken to avoid such mishaps in the future.