BHUBANESWAR: A minor fire broke out in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s office chamber at the State Assembly here on Wednesday.
The flames were controlled immediately after being noticed as a fire services team was on duty on the premises of the Assembly since the House was in session.
Naveen, however, was away at Delhi when the incident occurred. No one was affected by the fire.
The incident was reported at about 12.30 pm. Within minutes, the fire was brought under control which had by then damaged an LCD screen and an electrical digital clock. Parts of the ceiling were also affected.
“We suspect it to be a case of electrical short circuit but investigation is on. Our team was present on the Assembly premises and attended to it immediately,” a fire services officer said.
Speaker Niranjan Pujari, DGP KB Singh and Police Commissioner YB Khurania rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.
Singh told mediapersons that a joint investigation by General Electric Division of the State Government, Fire Services wing and police will be conducted to ascertain the reason behind the fire.