Houses Gutted in Salepur

Published: 30th April 2016 07:07 AM  |   Last Updated: 30th April 2016 07:07 AM   |  A+A-

SALEPUR: As many as 15 families were rendered homeless in a fire at Kamalpur village in Jamara gram panchayat under Nischintakoili block on Friday. Over 35 rooms were gutted and property worth `70 lakh reduced to ashes.

The fire is reported to have started from a spark in the sagging overhead power supply lines. The sparks fell on the straw thatched houses and spread fast.

Two teams of firefighters from Korua and Nischintakoili put off the inferno after two hours.

Nischintakoili Tehsildar Debashis Patnaik said local revenue officials are enumerating the loss and steps are also being taken for their temporary rehabilitation.

Balangir:  Nearly  40 houses were gutted after a fire broke out in Bandhpali village of Govindpur panchayat in Deogaon block.

Nearly 220 members of 71 families were affected. The reason of fire is yet to be ascertained.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp