4 Huts Gutted in Shanbakkam, Electrical Short circuit suspected

Published: 09th July 2015 03:45 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th July 2015 03:45 AM   |  A+A-

circuit suspected

VELLORE: Four huts in Kalanikattu Street in Shanbakkam were gutted by fire on Wednesday, due to a suspected electrical short circuit. There were no fatalities or injuries.

Around 11 AM, Sathiya, wife of Sudhukar, was in her house when she first saw the fire on her roof and smoke emerging. Neighbours tried to put out the fire. But due to heavy wind, the fire spread to three adjacent huts.

The Fire and Rescue Service team rushed to the spot with three fire trucks and doused the fire in 40 minutes. All four huts including belongings were completely destroyed.

 Vellore Corporation Mayor Karthiyayini and Tashildar Balakrishnan provided Rs 5,000 each to the four families, rice bags, clothes and other basic necessities.

Stay up to date on all the latest Tamil Nadu news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp