Now, Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami toes Jaya’s 110 line in Assembly
By Express News Service | Published: 20th June 2017 04:51 AM |
Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Monday followed the footsteps of the late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in making use of Rule 110 of the Assembly for announcing various welfare schemes.
During the zero hour, he made announcements regarding seven departments. When Leader of Opposition, M K Stalin asked why these were not made during the demands for grants for each departments held earlier, School Education Minister KA Sengottaiyan justified it saying that there was nothing new and the chief minister was only following the late Chief Minister.
- Hi-tech labs for 3,090 govt high schools and 2,939 govt higher secondary schools (Rs 438 crore)
- 3,000 smart classrooms for schools in rural areas
- Seven new arts and science colleges and three university constituent colleges (Rs 100 cr)
- Century-old DPI building, housing Directorate of School Education, to be replaced by a new building (Rs 33 crore)
- Infrastructure to provide goods, environment in schools (Rs 39.1 cr)
- More classrooms for 43 govt arts and science colleges (Rs 105 crore this year; Rs 105 crore next year)
- 42-year-old district sports complex at Kancheepuram to be replaced by a new one (Rs 15 cr)
- World class swimming pool in Manonmaniam Sundaranar University complex (Rs 5 crore)
- Sports complex at Melakottaiyur for canoeing, kayaking (Rs 4.6 cr)