MANCHERIAL: A class VIII student of SC Gurukulam school in Jaipur mandal in the district died after accidentally falling down from the first floor of the school building in the wee hours of Saturday.
According to sources, the school allotted the boy, Saini Rakesh (13), a native of Kondapeta village in Koutala mandal, a bed beside a window on the first floor.
As there was no grill fixed to the window, the boy accidentally slipped from the first floor while in sleep. Death was instantaneous for the teenager. Learning about the incident, the boy’s parents, relatives and student leaders staged a protest claiming that the boy died because of the negligence of the school as there was neither a mesh nor any cover to the window. They demanded action be taken against the school authorities.
Meanwhile, the student leaders alleged that though the academic year had already begun, there are no school did not provide proper facilities in the school building. Chennur MLA N Odelu visited the school and spoke to the principal secretary of school education. He promised that the family members would get all the benefits from the government and would initiate action against the school management. Later, the boy’s body was sent for postmortem.