The fire broke out on the top floor of Takshashila Arcade in Sarthana area of Surat on May 24, and several students jumped off the building to escape it.
Investigations had revealed that eight air-conditioners were on in the coaching centre despite it having no legal electricity connection.
The Surat fire took place at an illegal structure and claimed the life of 22 young students. The disaster even dampened the euphoria following the election results.
The fire in a four-storey coaching centre building in Surat, which reportedly did not have any safety equipment in place, had started due to a short circuit and led to 22 deaths.
Apart from Chavda, leader of the opposition in the state Assembly, Paresh Dhanani also visited the city Saturday morning and took part in the last rites of the deceased students.
Visiting the site of the tragedy, Rupani said the audit would find out if educational establishments in the state have proper equipment and facilities to deal with fire incidents.