BANGALORE: A KSRTC Rajahamsa bus was gutted after it accidentally caught fire near the KSRTC bus depot on K H Road in Shantinagar on Friday afternoon.
The driver, who was sleeping in the bus, escaped after the passersby alerted him.
The bus which belonged to Bhalki depot in Bidar was parked near the depot. It accidentally caught fire and spread to the entire bus. Two fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
Though it is suspected that a short circuit might have triggered the fire, the exact reason is yet to be ascertained. Due to the incident, vehicular movement was affected in the area.