BANGALORE: Four persons including two women and an eight-year-old girl were seriously injured in LPG explosion due to gas leakage. The mishap was reported at a house in Bhuvaneshwarinagar in T Dasarahalli on Sunday early morning.
The injured have been identified as Vasant, an employee with a private firm, his wife Vanitha, their eight-year-old daughter Sneha. The family sustained burn injuries, while there is a slim chance of Vanitha surviving the mishap. Also, their neighbour Kamalamma, lost both her legs, as part of a wall collapsed on her.
According to the police, the owner of the building one, Vanitha, had rented the house in the first-floor of the building to Vasant’s family.
On Sunday morning, LP gas had leaked in Vasant’s house and unaware of this, his wife switched on the light. This resulted in gas explosion causing grave burn injuries. Vasant and Sneha, who were asleep, also sustained burn injuries.
“Due to the impact of the explosion, part of the wall collapsed on Kamalamma, who was in the neighbourhood. Both her legs were damaged in the incident. The main door, windows and other household articles at Vasant’s house were broken. The neighbours, who woke up to the sound of the explosion, doused the fire and rushed the injured persons to Victoria Hospital,” the police explained.Peenya police registered a case in this connection.