BANGALORE : Four fire incidents were reported in the city on Monday afternoon.
In the first incident, fire broke out in the green room of the auditorium located in the first floor of Silicon City Public School on Chunchaghatta main road near Konanakunte Cross. Following the incident, about 800 students were evacuated from the school. Two fire tenders doused the fire. It is suspected that short circuit could be reason for the fire.
In the other fire mishap in Indus International School on Sarjapur Road, eight computers and two air conditioners were damaged. Fire broke out in the computer room due to suspected short circuit.
In another incident, fire broke out on the first floor of the BSNL office on Links Road in Malleswaram. Electrical wires worth `2,000 were destroyed.
Meanwhile, a fire was reported in the top floor of the Syndicate Bank’s Attibele Branch. It is suspected that a cigarette butt’s spark might have resulted in fire.