BANGALORE: A labourer working at a plastic scrap yard was killed after he accidentally fell on a cutting machine.
The incident took place in Surya Trading and Recycling Centre located in RR Layout in Kaigondanahalli in HSR Layout police station limits on Wednesday afternoon.
The deceased is identified as Niranjan (31), a native of Bihar.
According to the police, Niranjan was working in the scrap yard and he had engaged in dismantling some plastic goods with an electric cutting machine around 11 am.
In the process, he cut a plastic drum that was used to fill chemical earlier. Due to a spark in the machine, the drum caught fire and there was an explosion of very low intensity.
Niranjan was thrown away and he fell on the cutting machine and his chest was badly damaged in the incident and died on the spot.
Labourer Electrocuted A labourer was electrocuted after he came in contact with a grounding wire while working.
The incident was reported in Thigalarapalya in Tavarekere police station limits on the outskirts of the city on Wednesday.
Krishna, 32, a resident of Thigalarapalya is identified as the deceased.
According to the police, the work of installing toilet pit in a house was in progress and Krishna was digging the ground for about two feet to install the pit when the incident took place.