BANGALORE: An accidental fire broke out in the Rail Wheel Factory in Yelahanka on Friday. Goods worth more than `4 lakh were damaged in the mishap. Fire department officials said that while the staff were engaged in welding, a spark caused fire in its premises. Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
Foreigner’s House Burgled The house of an Iranian student was burgled in K R Layout in J P Nagar on Thursday. Gold ornaments, laptop, ` 1.7 lakh cash, a total worth of `2.5 lakh were stolen.
The incident was reported in the house of Sahar Pirzada, a physio -therapy student in a city-based college.
Unidentified miscreants broke into her house when she had gone out and the incident came to light when she returned.
Two necklaces, two ear rings, a laptop and cash were among the items stolen.
J P Nagar police have registered a case and are investigating.