STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Worker Dies in Cylinder Blast

Published: 03rd November 2014 06:05 AM  |   Last Updated: 03rd November 2014 06:05 AM   |  A+A-

BENGALURU: A worker died and another was injured in a cylinder blast in a gas stove repair shop at Rajendranagar near Audugodi on Sunday.

The deceased has been identified as Abdul Rahman, a worker of the shop. Another worker Abhay, who received 40 percent burns in his hands, is being treated in a private hospital, police said. The shop on the 9th Cross at Rajendranagar belongs to one Nisan. The leakage from a gas cylinder, which was stored in the shop, led to the incident.

A big fire broke out in the shop, the police added.  The locals tried to put out the fire and rescued both of them. Abdul died on the way to hospital, the police said adding that they have registered a case of negligence against the shop owner. 



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp