BENGALURU: National Assessment and Accreditation Council’s (NAAC) new director D P Singh has requested all institutions to stick to its guidelines.
Speaking to Express on Tuesday, he said, “If there are complaints regarding any person associated to NAAC demanding anything, the issue must be brought to my notice.”
Elaborating on his plans for expansion of NAAC, Singh said that there is a need to give the council a global touch.
“I have visited most of the top universities across the world as a vice-chancellor. We need to revisit the criteria and parameters of accreditation keeping in mind the global scenario,” he said.
We need to revise the methodology of accreditation keeping the changing scenario in mind,” he said.
- Planning to prepare vision statement for the next 25 years
- Will need to involve private players
- Staff crunch is haunting NAAC, so requesting authorities for staff
- Thinking of setting up of regional centres
- Planning for subject-wise assessment