How to practise
- Sit in a comfortable place with your back and head straight.
- Bring your right and left foot towards your groin, bending your knees.
- The soles of both feet should touch each other and be in contact with the groin.
- Push your knees down towards the floor while keeping your thighs and calves together; hold both feet with your palms.
- Stretch spine upward, open chest and tuck your abdomen in.
- As you inhale, lift your feet up till your chest, holding them with your palms. Hug your feet with your arms bringing it close to the chest as far as comfortable.
- Keeping your torso erect, focus your gaze on the horizon
- Balance and hold this for longer duration for better results.
- Exhale and relax your muscles (stretch your legs straight, releasing the pressure from thighs)
- Repeat the cycle 4 to 5 times.
- Therapeutic for urinary tract disorder.
- Keeps kidney and prostate glands healthy.
- Keeps ovaries healthy, relieves menstrual pain and checks heavy menstruation.
- Reduces sciatic pain and prevents hernia.
- Relaxes the heart and is tremendously good for nervous system.
- Makes the spine flexible and strong.
- It helps to channelize energy and connect upper body with lower body.
- Corrects the posture and realigns rounded shoulders.
- Proceed slowly and follow the instructions step by step while performing this asana.
- If you feel pain or discomfort at any time, come out from the posture and resume after you feel comfortable.
Grand Master Akshar
Akshar Power Yoga Academy, #4004, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar. email@example.com