BENGALURU: How to practise
- Lie flat on your belly with toes out, and feet hip width apart.
- Place your fore-arms beside your ribcage and open-fingers facing forward.
- Rest forehead on floor, relax the whole body.
- Press the fore-arms on the floor and gently lift your head and chest off the floor.
- Make sure that your neck is in line with your spine.
- Arch the thoracic spine and focus your gaze forward.
- Hips and thighs should remain on floor.
- Perform mulabandha squeezing (not hardening) the hips and thighs, pulling the knee-caps up and press the lower abdomen (pubic bone) down on the floor.
- Open your shoulders and keep neck neutral.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Exhale and lie down.
- Repeat 3-4 times.
- Stretches chest, lungs, shoulder, abdomen and thighs.
- Aligns the spine, particularly thoracic vertebrae.
- Strengthens the core body.
- Gives deep stretch to upper and middle back.
- Tones the reproductive organs.
- Stimulates appetite, alleviates constipation and beneficial for abdominal organs.
Caution - Perform this asana slowly and gently
with awareness of the stretch in spine
Akshar Power Yoga Academy, #4004, 100 Feet Road Indiranagar