BENGALURU:The city police have registered a case of negligence against Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike and Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) after a 22-year-old man was electrocuted in Mothi Nagar in Kamakshipalya police limits on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Prakash Kumar, a native of Rajasthan. On Saturday evening, he went to a public toilet. When he touched the grill door of the main entrance of the toilet, he was electrocuted.
Police said that the public toilet was supposed to be maintained by BBMP.
“BESCOM too is liable, as there was a live wire that was hanging and touching the gate at some point, which caused the electrocution. Both parties have been made accused in the case as prima facie it looks like it was their negligence that caused Prakash’s death,” senior police officials said.
Prakash had come to the city about 4-5 months ago in search of a job. He found work in a steel store owned by Bakara Ram as a managerial assistant. As the shop did not have a toilet, he visited the public toilet on a daily basis, the officer investigating the case said.